Friday, September 7, 2007

Dutch-Houtskool English- Charcoal

I scored some charcoal!!! Where? you ask, at the garden store of course! Duh, why didn't I think of that before. At home, in the states, I would say to Matt, "Could you please stop at Halla Nursery on your way home, I'd like to grill tonight." Jeez, who thinks this stuff up? Anyhow, I bought some and I also found a firestarter can, just like the one that Perry bought for Matt. I wrapped it, as a surprise for him, in the dutch newspaper that comes to our house twice a week, since I have already read it front to back, "wink". HA! I seriously sit for an hour every time that blasted paper comes and try to read it! Oh, well it will come in handy for grilling tonight!!! 'Spose our new neighbors will come running, chanting "The Wilson's are cooking Johnsonville Brats!" ? (you have to watch american TV commercials for that to happen.)
Thankful that it is the weekend, it's been a long week. It will be good to "play" a little. Tomorrow we will get up early and return our rental car to Schipol Airport. We plan to spend the day in Amsterdam, maybe do a canal boat tour. We will return to Eindhoven by train. That will be fun for Olivia since it will be her first time.
Thanks to all of you who responded to my blue mood and filled me up with your words of love and encouragment. Makes all the difference. Will post again soon!!!

No comments: